Over the last decade, significant breakthroughs have been achieved in the technology enablers that can support flexible production in smart factory setups. CONVERGING in order to overcome barriers of traditional production systems in manufacturing propose solutions in order to:
- Provide safe, highly flexible, reconfigurable and modular solutions, allowing fast response to repurposing changes in production requirements, reducing programming effort / configuration time for new products.
- Develop a seamless social collaboration in teams of human workers, autonomous agents and robots by exploiting the latest advancements in AI, robotics and Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH).
- Create a network of open-access pilots to allow new users, especially students, start-ups, representatives from the makers’ community and SMEs, to experiment new technologies and to enable data and knowledge sharing through the European industrial ecosystems.
- Accelerate the twin green and digital transition of the manufacturing and construction sectors.
- Create a new green, flexible and digital way to build and produce goods, leading to sustainable, flexible, responsive and resilient factories and value chains, enabled by digitisation, AI, data sharing, advanced robotics and modularity.
- Evolve the work environment of the humans in the manufacturing sector in order to be more attractive and safer, pointing the way for upskilling.