Human-Robot Interaction (HRI) plays a crucial role in enabling seamless collaboration between humans and robots, leading to increased productivity, efficiency, and safety in production processes. Robots equipped with advanced sensing capabilities can work alongside humans, performing repetitive and physically demanding tasks, while humans focus on more complex and strategic aspects of production.
CONVERGING aims to Develop, deploy, validate, and promote smart and reconfigurable production systems including multiple autonomous agents (collaborative robots, AGVs, humans) that are able to act in diverse production environments.
The project proposes the development of systems that can:
- Identify and recognize processes/resources/environment and their status
- Analyze the production system status and autonomously formulate a plan of actions using AI
- Automatically modify h/w and control systems to execute the formulated plans
- Seamlessly work with humans or other resources establishing a social industrial environment
- Expand its capabilities and Openness via an Open Pilot Network
The CONVERGING results will be demonstrated in the following sectors: Automotive, Aircraft Production, White Goods and Additive Manufacturing products processing sectors.
CONVERGING - Social industrial collaborative environments integrating AI, Big Data, and Robotics for smart manufacturing
Grant Agreement No.:
HORIZON-CL4-2021-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-01 - AI-enhanced robotics systems for smart manufacturing (AI, Data and Robotics - Made in Europe Partnerships) (IA)
HORIZON-AG - HORIZON Action Grant Budget-Based
1 September 2022 (Duration 48 Months)
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER and NEWS ALERTS