To improve industrial acceptance, HRI systems need to improve the speed and robustness they realize without compromising on safety. The robustness of HRI cells can be reduced when safety or protective stops are triggered, which can also give delays which make integration to an assembly line difficult. Methods that improve the robot's ability to avoid contact situations - by changing the trajectory or task sequence - can help reduce the frequency of safety events, improving productivity.
CONVERGING aims to Develop, deploy, validate, and promote smart and reconfigurable production systems including multiple autonomous agents (collaborative robots, AGVs, humans) that are able to act in diverse production environments.
The project proposes the development of systems that can:
- Identify and recognize processes/resources/environment and their status
- Analyze the production system status and autonomously formulate a plan of actions using AI
- Automatically modify h/w and control systems to execute the formulated plans
- Seamlessly work with humans or other resources establishing a social industrial environment
- Expand its capabilities and Openness via an Open Pilot Network
The CONVERGING results will be demonstrated in the following sectors: Automotive, Aircraft Production, White Goods and Additive Manufacturing products processing sectors.
CONVERGING - Social industrial collaborative environments integrating AI, Big Data, and Robotics for smart manufacturing
Grant Agreement No.:
HORIZON-CL4-2021-TWIN-TRANSITION-01-01 - AI-enhanced robotics systems for smart manufacturing (AI, Data and Robotics - Made in Europe Partnerships) (IA)
HORIZON-AG - HORIZON Action Grant Budget-Based
1 September 2022 (Duration 48 Months)
Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER and NEWS ALERTS